.

.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Last Day of School

Wednesday, May 23 was E's last day of pre-school. He was so sad. I had a mix of emotions. On one hand I was so indescribably happy not to have to do the load, unload, load circus routine with all the kids but I loved seeing Elliot's excitement, seeing him grow, and getting a short break.

Here's a look at the "excitement" in the backseat of my van before heading in for his last day:

The grumpies didn't last long. Him and Hadley were bickering over something (nothing out of the ordinary there) but he was all smiles as soon as we headed in the door. I promise!

The girls and I had a playdate while Elliot was at school. We've gone to Miss Courtney's house several times this year to hang out with her and her kiddos during pre-school and we've LOVED it! Adelyn & Kailyn hang out with their 'boyfriend' and Hadley gets to play with her buddy. I have to admit this was another reason I was sad to see school end. It was such a good reason for us to hang out!

Pick-up was kind of emotional. The teacher cried. I cried. All of the moms cried. Elliot had an amazing teacher this year. I can't say enough good things about Mrs. Julie! One thing I know for sure is that those who are called to be pre-school teachers are very special people! After our very last pre-school pick up most of us headed over to a nearby park for lunch and the boys got a chance to run and play together again. 

Here is Elliot and his teacher on Thursday night after our song and story end of the year celebration:


He is going to miss her SO much! 


No comments: