.

.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rambles

I'm a stay at home mom. Some people may hear that and think my day is full of excitement and fun. Some people may hear that and think I am batcrap crazy. Some people may hear that and offer their apologies and still others may hear that and think 'wow, good for you!'. What are my thoughts on the whole stay at home mom topic? It's crazy, chaotic, exhausting, awesome, amazing, infuriating, and wonderful all at the same time. Mostly I feel exhausted which also means my brain isn't operating at it's full potential to put together a complete, coherent thought on that topic right now. That and all the noise going on around me makes it really (REALLY) hard to think.

So, is my day full of excitement? Sometimes. Some days there is a lot of excitement - kids learn something new, discover a new tv show (mom of the year ;), babies reach a new developmental milestone, lots of hugs and kisses are doled out, etc. Those are exciting days and they happen pretty frequently. There are also some really, really NOT exciting things in my day like laundry (neverending vicious cycle), dishes (I LOVE paper plates), laundry, diaper changes, laundry, cleaning, laundry, vacuuming, laundry, sweeping, laundry....you get the idea. The mom job seems to get glorified especially when we're little. What little girl doesn't want to be a mommy and have a house full of kids?!?

So, outside of my kids there is little excitement in my world and really that's ok. I didn't understand it before I had kids and I used to think people who basically gave up everything when they had kids were batcrap crazy but now I kind of get it. You don't give up everything - you find something new, better. It's not that you HAD to give it up and are pining away for it day after day it's that you've found something new, something better that you didn't realize would/could be better. Now, for sure there are things I miss and for sure you don't give up or replace everything. You still have to be you. Now, I know I'm not explaining this as well as I would like to but hopefully it makes a little sense.

Since my kids are basically my life and there aren't too many exciting things that happen away from them I'll leave you with some pictures of the littlest littles :)

Yes, Kailyn is standing and taking a few steps. And, yes, Adelyn loves chewing on diapers. At least this one was clean.




No comments: