.

.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally Friday, a day off and random thoughts

It's finally Friday! YIPPEEEEEE! Fridays are usually fantastic days around here. It's the day I know Husband is coming home and won't be going to work the next day. It's the day we usually don't have anything going on except maybe a playdate. This Friday however is different than any other Friday in recent memory. This Friday I slept until I was ready to get up (7:26am to be exact), bummed around, took a looooong, hot shower, made my own breakfast & now I'm watching what *I* want to on TV (Gilmore Girls for those interested).

How is this possible?!? What did I do with my kids?!? Don't worry they're not locked in a room or anything. Last night Husband met my mom and they did a vehicle swap. She took the kids last night and they'll have them again tonight. I know....I can hardly believe it either! The big kids were so over the top excited. This is the girls first overnight trip to MumMum & Papa's without Mom or Dad. I'll admit I miss them. A lot. Those adorable little smiles and those sad dramatic faces when Sister takes a toy. They'll have a blast though & I'll give them lots of love and kisses when I see them tomorrow.

So, today I technically have a 'day off'. The kids aren't here but I have months worth of cleaning to do, laundry to fold and put away, stuff to sort, etc., etc., etc. And what am I doing? Sitting on the couch watching Gilmore Girls and rambling on and on and on on my blog. Nice, huh? I'll admit this is uncharted territory for me. I can't even remember the last time I didn't have any kids with me. It makes  being able to just chill that much more special even though the cleaning and laundry really need to get done. And they will....in a few minutes.

So, what are Husband and I going to do with our free time tonight? I am practically giddy with excitement that we are going to Anthem. We never missed it when we lived in Ames but since leaving we haven't made it back. As much as this feels like our home now and we are pretty settled in our church & are building friendships I still feel homesick for Cornerstone and the friends we were just starting to make there. I miss the teaching & being really filled up with knowledge and encouragement. It's really hard for me to explain. Suffice it to say I can hardly contain the excitement about being back there tonight and hopefully heading there for church this weekend. It seems so funny to me that I'm *that* excited to go to church. I never used to be that way but I'm finding more and more that I need that.

Ok and with this I'll wrap up the most random and rambly (made that word up) blog post in history. I'll leave you with a video of our friend Jesse (better known as Pants to us) singing a song from the newest Anthem cd. Enjoy :)


No comments: