- Continue to settle into our new house and unpack ever more boxes. Who knew we had so much STUFF?!? (and where did it all come from?) I'm secretly convinced the boxes were spawning and reproducing on the drive from Ames to Peosta ;)
- On 6/5 my cousin, Stephanie, was married in Humboldt. Our ENTIRE family was there. It was the first time that had happened in ages so it was really cool to see everyone and catch up. We had a family picture taken as well - crazy how many of us there are now!
- The day after the wedding some of us had brunch with my grandparents and then checked out Oleson Park Zoo and the splashpad in Fort Dodge. Elliot wasn't so sure about the splashpad business.....
- Elliot turned two (6/9. We celebrated his actual birthday at home with a special supper of his favorite foods of the moment - mac & cheese, hot dogs, peas, and apples I think. He opened up a few presents from Mommy & Daddy.
- We had his big birthday bash on June 19 at our house complete with a CARS theme. It was the first time a lot of our family had seen our house. Two of Elliot's little friends came as well - twin sisters Maddy & Kenzie Zylstra & little sister Kyliee. Their mommy is a good friend of mine :) Fortunately it was a beautiful day so we were able to spend a lot of time playing outside.
- Petey's brother Dan stayed with us for a few days at the end of June before we all headed to Orange City for the 4th of July. He was on a month long vacation and drove all the way out from California. He put his skills to good use and built Elliot's new swing set which was a huge hit! We also introduced him to the Train Game which was another big hit!
- My aunt & uncle from California were also out here around the same time as Petey's brother. We spent a few days together at my Grandma & Grandpa Haywood's doing all sorts of cool stuff!
- Carl, Priya & kids were out here around the same time as Dan. Everyone came over to Peosta/Dubuque for a day to see our house & hang out. We checked out the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium which was a lot of fun especially for the kids! Unfortunately a lot of people suddenly got sick that night :/
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
A quick catch up post of things I can remember off the top of my head!